Caring for you tree can be one of the most important things that makes your experience with a tree enjoyable.
Here are some tips for prolonging your trees life and looks.
1. Leave your tree outside or in a cool place until you are ready to put it up.
2. If it has been over twelve hours since you picked your tree cut an inch off of the bottom of the stump.
3. Put your tree up away from any heat source or fireplace. Heat shortens the life of your tree by drying it out.
4. Once you bring it inside and put it up fill the bucket that the tree is in with hot water from the tap, this softens the sap and make the tree drink more. Water from a softener may have residual salt and this is not good for the longevity of your tree.
5. NEVER LET YOUR TREE GO DRY! Water it twice a day with warm tap water. Letting your tree go dry will shorten it's longevity and it may begin to loose needles and colour.