Family Fun Farm
We are thrilled to welcome you to the Family Fun Farm 7 days a week from 9am - 5pm. We are accepting cash and onsite payments and you can book ahead online.
Schedule your visit now!
What can you expect?
- Pony rides! Duncan loves taking his new friends for a ride across the farm. $5 each with the purchase of a fun farm ticket, $10 if you have not purchased a ticket.
Our family’s own play structure! This was built by Bob in 1999 for Ryan and Julie to play on. Bob thought it would be fun to have some features like the ones Mom and Dad have in real life, so he built it with a car steering wheel and an airplane control yoke. The new addition to the play centre this year is the tire climber!
Try out our new bean bag toss games! Two festive themed boards, one with a Christmas tree painting and the other with a gingerbread man painting. Fun for kids and adults of all ages, nothing like a little friendly family competition!
A local retired Air Canada pilot built this airplane with his father when he was a teenager in 1966. It flew actively for 52 years, going as far as Winnipeg, Manitoba. It finally retired in 2018, and had its last landing on our runway. If you haven’t seen it yet, you’ll notice there is an airplane runway straight down the middle of our farm! Bob is a pilot and has two airplanes of his own, and is in the process of constructing a third. This plane was a project in mechanics illustrated and was originally yellow, but has been repainted to resemble a Spitfire that is accurate to the camouflage planes flown in World War 2.
This is a real working Ferguson tractor model TEA made in Coventry, England, built in 1951. It has 28 horsepower. While it hasn’t ever been used on this farm, we do have two other tractors just like it which we use for many tasks on the farm, such as mowing weeds between the trees, hauling firewood, and filling washouts.
We have four campfire pits where you can sit down, warm up, and roast your marshmallows! The benches were handmade by Bob out of the cedar trees that were cut down to make the new grove area. ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE WEEKEND.
This is our farm’s real working bulldozer. It is used to clear large areas of brush and dirt so we can plant new trees! All new tree planting areas we’ve made since 2000 have been cleared using this bulldozer. It also had a big role in the making of the parking lot. It weighs 12,000 pounds!
Our Farm Animal Family:
- Luna is a 17-year-old miniature donkey. She is very opinionated, and her breys echo across the whole area when she has something to say. She’s a real junk food junkie, and we have to be extra careful not to let her get into any sweets or treats when we aren’t looking.
- Our 4-year-old Nigerian dwarf goats. The black one is Victor and the tan one is Frank. Because goats are found in rocky and mountainous areas in the wild, they love climbing things and being up high. We’ve given them old dog agility obstacles to keep them entertained, which they love to climb and play on.
- Our 4-year-old Gotland Sheep. The black-faced one is Matilda and the white-faced one is Sheila. Sheila was bottle-fed as a lamb so she is very friendly, but Matilda is the polar opposite and takes a long time to warm up to people. Both are sheared yearly, and their wool can be used for spinning.
- Duncan is our 11-year-old pony. He loves being brushed, especially on the nose, and can sometimes be spotted grooming Paisley as her coarse hair has a similar texture to a bristle brush.
- Paisley is a 3-year-old pot-bellied pig. She came to the farm as a mother’s day gift to Diana from her daughter Julie. She is super smart, and is constantly finding new ways to escape the barnyard and visit us at the house.
- Sparky is an 19 year old Miniature Horse, not much bigger than the fire dog he shares a name with! He is new to the farm this winter and possibly loves cuddles even more than he loves treats.